Unit VI Louisiana's Musical Landscape
Lessons 1 and 2
Found Poem - Found Song
Name ______________________________________ Date ____________________
TOPIC Louisiana Music
|TASK:||A Found Poem is made with words and phrases from something you read. It uses someone else's language, but the poet combines it in a new way. Write a Found Poem following these directions.|
- The Treasured Traditions of Louisiana Music, by Ben Sandmel
- Cajun Music: Alive and Well in Louisiana, by Ann Savoy
- Cajun Music as Oral Poetry, by Carolyn Ware
- Hayride Boogie: Blues, Rockabilly and Soul from the Louisiana Hill and Delta Country, by Mike Luster
- North Louisiana String Band, by Susan Roach
- Since Ol' Gabriel's Time: Hezekiah and the Houserockers, by David Evans
For examples of Found Poem, see page 2.
For a pdf of this page click here.