Unit II Classroom Applications of Fieldwork Basics
Lesson 5 Making Use of Fieldwork
- Prepare a six-pocket folder for each student in the class. Label them "Archive Folder for _________" and add students' names.
- Some lessons require extra folders for teams.
- Label the pockets as shown below.
- Students will archive the materials they have accumulated during the interview in the appropriate pockets.
- Audio Pocket
Audio recording, clearly labeled with name, date, and place
- Photo Pocket
Photo Log or labeled Contact Sheet
- Forms Pocket
Signed permission forms
Folklife Interview Form
- Interview Fieldnotes Pocket
Insider / Outsider Worksheet
Illustrator's drawings from fieldsite
Lead Interviewer's notes from fieldsite
List of questions prepared in advance
- Processing Fieldnotes Pocket
Fieldnotes on three fieldwork questions
Freewriting and journal notes
- Final Product Pocket
Archive List of Contents
For a PDF of this page click here.