Unit VI Louisiana's Musical Landscape
Lesson 3 Generaltional Music Communities
Generational Music Communities Survey
Name ______________________________________ Date ____________________
Team up with another classmate and ask the following questions. Write your answers on this sheet or on a separate sheet of paper.
- What is the name of a song that you have learned from an older person?
- What are the lyrics to the first verse of the song?
- Is the song sung in English or in another language?
- Are there gestures or body movements to go with the song? Can you dance to it?
- Have you changed the song since you learned it? If "yes," how so?
- When, where, with whom, and how often do you sing the song? Is it on an ordinary or special occasion?
- What is the name of the person who taught you to sing the song?
- Describe the person who taught you the song, including the following:
Relationship (aunt, uncle, friend, etc.):
- If you could teach the song to someone, who would it be, and why?
- Why do you think this person taught you the song? Simply for fun? To continue a family tradition? To continue a religious tradition? Other?
For a pdf of this page click here.