Unit VI Louisiana's Musical Landscape
Lesson 2 Listening Logs
Music in Everyday Life Worksheet
Name ______________________________________ Date ____________________
What role does music play in your everyday life? Follow these directions to find out. Read and think about the following questions, then:
1. What different kinds of music are important to you?
2. Where do you hear music?
3. What kinds of instruments are involved? What kinds of vocals?
4. How might social music differ from religious music or patriotic music? Popular music from classical music?
5. Do you sing or hum or whistle while you work and play?
6. Do you hear others do so? Who? Describe the sounds
7. Do you listen to special music at holiday times? Describe the music.
8. Do you make rhythmic noises with your hands, mouth, feet, or other parts of your body? Do you make up songs?
9. What musical sounds do you hear in nature? Describe them.
For a pdf of this page click here.