Unit III Discovering the Obvious
Lesson 3 The Family, Activity 2 Family Photos
1. Who is in the picture? Do you know everyone?
2. What is the setting? Time period? What are people wearing? Is this a special occasion or celebration?
3. Who do you think took the picture?
4. Where is the picture kept?
5. What else would you like to know about the picture? What questions have classmates asked about the picture?
6. On the back of this worksheet or a separate sheet, outline the position of people in the photo and note areas where there are light and shadow, blocks of color, unusual shapes. Does breaking the picture down into these aesthetic elements tell you anything more about your picture?
For a PDF of this page click here.